Faith prepares to baptize students in January

Pastor Steve Culver baptizes many students at last year’s Middle School Baptism service. About 20 people were Baptized during the 2013 baptism service.

Susan Gentry

Megan Correia, Staff Writer

“Baptism is something you can’t really improve, it gives us victory over sin, death, and the devil. Baptism announces our new life in Christ, it forgives and washes away our sins daily.” Joanne Krafft, English and Theology teacher said.

Those who are looking to be baptized,can start here at Faith Lutheran. This year Faith is looking to Baptize about 20 students.

“I chose to get Baptized at Faith because I’m not a part of a strong Church family, and I thought it was a good opportunity to get Baptized.” said seventh grader,Makayla Amos who was Baptized at last years service.

A lot of students are excited for the new year, but some others are excited to start their year out with a fresh start. Faith has been doing in school Baptism Chapel services for over 20 years for those who want a new beginning with God.

“We started to have Baptism services at our old school campus because one of my students asked me to get Baptized.”Krafft said. “Not many kids can have a steady church home, and that’s what Faith wanted to offer.”

Theology teachers all over the campus started to teach their classes this November all about Baptism. Baptism is a serious topic, so the teachers take the time to teach their lessons deliberately.

“We start to prepare the students in November, by teaching a lesson or by sharing

a story about Baptism.” Krafft said. “After we make sure the students know about Baptism and the processes, we email the parents and make sure they’re willing to have their kids Baptized, after they approve, we go and Baptize them.”

The annual Faith Baptism event will take place on January 7th, 2015 for Middle School and January 8th, 2015 for High School during the Baptism chapel service. This year Mountain View Lutherans, Pastor Klemm, is coming to Faith’s baptism service to welcome and celebrate the fresh starts that lie ahead.

Click Here for a layout version of this story Baptism Pdf