Student Council works hard on new ideas for the 2014-2015 school year

Students Caroline Hsu and Nicola Talpot work hard on coming up with new ideas. They stay focused and are working together to complete the task.

Kendal Owens

Kendal Owens, Staff Writer

Middle School Student Council has some events planned to make this year great. They work hard planning activities like the middle school back to school night, assemblies and more, and they are excited to share some of their ideas and thoughts about Student Council with you.

Student Council is a group of students that come together and plan exciting events for the year and find ways to improve your school. Middle School Student Council has some events planned to make this year great.

They work hard planning activities like the middle school back to school night, assemblies and more, and they are excited to share some of their ideas and thoughts about Student Council with you. They usually meet in advisory or before and after school. Student Council has a new leader this year, Mrs. Thorton.

“I enjoy Student Council because I have always been a coach, and to be teaching something new like this is different for me.” said new leader Mrs. Kristen Thorton.

Student Council has some upcoming events for this year. They have already planned the middle school back to school night and one of the assemblies. Some events that will be happening later this year will be Lutheran School’s Week, March Madness, an eighth grade end of the year event, and movie.

“I chose to be in Student Council because I thought it would be fun and exciting to be a part of something and help out my school.” said, Caroline Hsu, seventh grade president. The students in Student Council enjoy the thrill of planning events and interacting with their school. “I love being in Student Council because it’s a great way to be involved and participate in my school.” said eighth grade Vice President Cameron Griffin.

Student Council gives students a chance to interact with their fellow students and work together. As well as teaching them to be a great leader and work to the best of their abilities.

“I love working with the students on new events and ideas.” Said Mrs. Thorton.

Student Council helps Faith Lutheran by working on fun activities, picking student and teachers of the month, planning services events, assemblies, parties and more.

They come up with ideas that will help Faith grow and ideas that will make it a great school year.

The students in Student Council encourage people to join their group next year.

“Students should join Student Council because it’s a great opportunity to be involved with your school, and if you like planning events and organizing you will have a blast in Student Council.” said 7th grade secretary Virginia Wilkerson.

Click or tap here for the PDF article of this story: Kendal Owens – Student Council