The Night of Champions Fundraiser Event

Bret Walter

Coach Vernon Fox and Charles Mann smiling for the camera happy at the Chapel Performing Arts Center. (AKA the CPAC).

Xavier Covarrubias, Staff Writer

In the newly built Crusader Competition Center the Night of Champions event took place on October fourth. This idea was introduced by Principal Fogo who had done this kind of event at his former school. This event was approved by both the school and athletic department administration, which supports the Crusader football program.

The Night of Champions had roughly three hundred to four hundred people in attendance, where the guests were encouraged to wear their favorite football jerseys. However, the fundraiser did not raise as much money as the previous year.

The Night of Champions event had a tailgate dinner that served barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sliders, along with a variety of salads and desserts. Also, there was a silent auction, raffle prizes, and entertainment. The raffle contained a Starbucks basket, a Cross Fit training package, dining cards basket, and a get-away package.

The entertainment was provided by the middle and high school dance and cheer team. The first ever Faith Wear Fashion Show was modeled by some of the football players and dance team members wearing some clothes from the SHIELD while strutting and posing in a variety of charismatic stances.

Beth Buchholz, the middle and high school art teacher came to support her daughter, Melissa Buchholz, a high school senior who was a Faith Wear model, thinks that the event is a great idea.

She said, “The Night of Champions is a great opportunity for Faith families and staff to come together and enjoy a night of fellowship while raising funds to support the football program.” Then, the event was led from the new gym to the CPAC where the dance team, cheerleaders, and band formed an arch for guests to walk through to enter the CPAC. In the CPAC, the keynote speaker, Charles Mann gave an inspirational speech.

Charles Mann is a former NFL player with three Super Bowl rings and four Pro-Bowl selections. He came because he was the keynote speaker wanting to motivate the supporters of the Crusader football program as well as the players.

“It was a blessing to be able to bring in someone like Charles Mann who was a very accomplished player and now is a very accomplished speaker, business-man, and a man of God!” said Coach Fox from email.

Bret Walter the athletic administrator said through email, “I would like to thank all the families that attended to show their support and contribute to the success of our programs and students. A big thank you to the Night of Champions committee and the coaches, directors, and students that worked to put together a great event.”

To see the whole layout, please go to this link: Xavier Covarrubias Night of Champions PDF