• October 20Tune in for all new story updates!

Faith’s favorite but fattening foods

Photo by Avery Collins
This is a picture of some of the food that is served at Faith Lutheran. The food at Faith Lutheran can be considered good to some people, but to others it’s unedible.

Photo by Avery Collins This is a picture of some of the food that is served at Faith Lutheran. The food at Faith Lutheran can be considered good to some people, but to others it’s unedible.

Avery Collins, Staff Writer

At Faith Lutheran Middle School, students are given the option to either bring their own lunch or purchase lunch in the cafeteria. While purchasing lunch at school can be exciting for some, lunch also comes with many stresses.

Everyday students flood the lunchroom with one goal in mind: food. While the option from bringing lunch stands on the table, many students at Faith prefer to wait in a long line for school prepared foods. There happens to be a wide variety of selections for students to choose from such as hamburgers, corn dogs, macaroni and cheese, and more.

“My favorite thing to eat at lunch would be the macaroni and cheese, but I think that [people who serve lunch] should keep the food warmer for longer,” said seventh grader, Spenser Close.

The lunchroom can often seem very crowded, due to the large amount of students that come in everyday. Students typically enjoy the meals given to them either by a parent or the school, but some of the foods served in the cafeteria aren’t up to TreQuwan Holmes’ standards.

“I think that the food is alright because not a lot of other schools get to have a good lunch,” said eighth grader, TreQuwan Holmes.

Lunches at Faith Lutheran have certain healthy options such as salads and fruit and cheese cups, but some foods are considered to be unhealthy by students.

“I think that some of the foods at Faith can be unhealthy and I think that we should have more healthy options to eat,” said eighth grader, Marie Schalf.

The cafeteria while maybe having unhealthy or unpopular foods, they also have foods that students seem to enjoy.

“My favorite thing to eat at lunch would be chicken tenders, because I find them to be good, even though they can be fried and unhealthy,” said Schalf.

The foods at Faith Lutheran may seem unhealthy to some, but to others the food is great.