• October 20Tune in for all new story updates!

Dr. Knorr, the Social Norms Guy

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dr. Knorr, the Social Norms Guy

McKenzie Carmichael, Staff Writer

“I know that if I’m just serious, kids aren’t going to watch them,” said Dr. Karl Knorr. As students know,

Dr. Knorr makes videos about social norms and sends them out to the whole school. He talks about good

and bad decisions as well as how many people do each. The question is, does he really get the point across?

“I think his videos are funny to watch, but I really don’t think that he is getting the

point across,” said seventh grader Daniel Adolfo.

His videos will definitely give you a laugh, but that’s what everybody pays

attention to. Many students do not listen to the actual message that Dr. Knorr is trying

to give. Only a few students will actually listen to the message and not pay attention to

the laughter that the videos bring. If he made his videos more serious, students might pay attention to the

message. Even though it may be boring, it would get the point across more than it does when he isn’t

serious.

“I definitely think that Dr. Knorr should’ve used a different approach if he really

wanted the students to pay attention to the message he is trying to give,” said Adolfo.

Many Faith Students talk about Dr. Knorr’s videos, but sometimes not

in a good way. Many students think that Dr. K is making a fool out of himself, but many

others think that he has a lot of courage to send those videos to the entire middle school.

“I just wanted to try to do a serious message with some fun”, said Dr. Knorr.

Have you ever seen any of the posters up around school for the Social Norms

group? Those group of kids, and those posters are up all around school and in the

classrooms are to support Dr. Knorr’s videos. All of the kids on the posters are apart of

the Social Norms group. The Social Norms group will sometimes perform with Dr. K

and sing along with him with all of his songs. For example, if you went to go see Middle

School Lip Sync, you would have seen the Social Norms group and him perform.

In conclusion, Dr. Knorr’s videos are a very good lesson to all of the Faith Middle

School and High School students. Dr. K is very clever coming up with the way he makes

his videos. It may not be the best way, but it is definitely still getting the point across.

serious.