• October 20Tune in for all new story updates!

Gearing Up for Spring Sports at Faith

Avery Collins, Staff Writer

This is a photo of a Faith Lutheran Baseball player throwing a pitch. Baseball is one oif the many spring sprts that students can try out for.

After the winter sport assembly, students are now starting to focus on making one of the spring season sports here at Faith Lutheran. While many popular sports are coming to a close, many new and exciting ones are starting to open up.

After the final few games of certain winter sports, the tryout process will come into full effect for the next seasons sports activities. Sports such as tennis, baseball, softball, track and field and much more will begin or have already start to begin the team tryouts.

“I find track and field hard because you have to run really fast, but also not very hard because it’s just running,” said seventh grader, Sofia Tavano, who has tried out for this sport the year prior.

Many students who have found lack of interest in various sports during the fall and winter seasons, can now be able to spread their wings and enjoy some spring activities.

“I find baseball hard because the ball is small and it comes at you really fast,” said eighth grader TreQuwan Holmes, who has never tried out for this sport before but has decided to this year.

Even some sixth grade students who are new to the school are taking a chance on some various sports.

“I find track and field challenging because there is a lot of running, but I’m good at long distance,” said sixth grader, Murry Brown.

Though it may be challenging, students here at Faith Lutheran are ready to give it their all during this upcoming sport season.

“I’m trying out for lacrosse,” said eighth grader Emma Stewart, “I find this sport challenging because it pushes us to our limits on how to play lacrosse.”

Students will have to be able to go through a course of tryouts to be considered to make the team that they are trying out for. Even students who have not ever tried out before are ready to face the challenges ahead of being on a spring sports team.

“I find track and field hard because you have to run really fast, but also not very hard because it’s just running,” said seventh grader, Sofia Tavanowho has tried out for this sport the year prior.