• October 20Tune in for all new story updates!

Operation Christmas Child: Raising Money

Photo curtesy of Mrs. Bowline. 

This is a picture of Madison, a Mark 10 14 student who is in 11th grade who is cutting oiut labels for the Operation Chritsmas shoeboxes.

Photo curtesy of Mrs. Bowline. This is a picture of Madison, a Mark 10 14 student who is in 11th grade who is cutting oiut labels for the Operation Chritsmas shoeboxes.

Sidney Bihrer, staff writer

Operation Christmas Child has become a very popular event at Faith Lutheran. Many people donate shoeboxes; pack them with fun, and playful toys; school supplies; and clothes.

People bring and donated boxes on November 16, 2016. Lets here from students and their point of view on Operation Christmas Child.

Mrs. Walo is the head of Builders club. She has been running builders club for a long time. Over the years, Builders club has been successful and raised money each year to provide for the unfortunate. In the years, Mrs. Walo and her team of students has made Operation Christmas child fun, partially because people love to participate.

Many people want to contribute to Operation Christmas Child. Many people want to contribute to operation Christmas Child, last year builders club collect the most amount of boxes at 600, until this year. Builders club collected a total of 630 boxes.

Rebecca Youngson said, “ I am bringing one box this year.”

Katie Youngson responded “I am bringing two boxes.”

Builders club had put so much hard work to get where they are. Builders club have advertised for over a month. To get ready for Operation Christmas Child, students had meetings after school on almost every Thursday.

Builders club have done many things to get ready for Operation Christmas Child. “We were wearing stickers around on the first day.” Rebecca said from Builders club. “And Mrs. Walo is having Builder’s club handing out boxes to every class.”

Poor children up to 14 years old on Christmas get to have all different special presents to fill their spirit. Therefore it definitely benefits the schools. “It gets people to donate to other kids who are less fortunate than us.” Rebecca answered. “And spread the gospel.

“Maybe it will bring people together.” Katie from Builders club, “And everyone will help spread the news of Jesus to everyone across the world.”

How do you feel about this event personally? “I really like it it’s a good way to donate.” Rebecca

“I think it is really good.” Katie a student from Faith Lutheran said, “Mrs. Kraft was talking about how sometimes it’s hard for the Christian message to reach really far areas. And this is a way to do that.”

Caitlin Carmendy, and 8th grade student in faith Lutheran got questioned. Many students are bringing one or two boxes this year. Ms. Carmendy said “ I am bringing one box.” She feels like it benefits the school because, “People are going to be happy because they did something good.” She thinks that this event, “Is a great way for people that don’t have resources to get presents. Also to help people out.”

Operation Christmas Child will hopefully be a success this year. And child all over the world will be happy and thankful for the students, not just in Faith Lutheran, but other places and that helped out.