Students are getting interested in the issues of the 2016 presidential election

In this photo Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are facing off just  as they will be facing off on November 8, 2016 for the general election.  Sudents are particularly getting intyerested in the election cycle against Hillary and Trump, due to the impact it has on the students futre and the nation’s future.

In this photo Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are facing off just as they will be facing off on November 8, 2016 for the general election. Sudents are particularly getting intyerested in the election cycle against Hillary and Trump, due to the impact it has on the students futre and the nation’s future.

Louis De Salvio, Editor

The election for the President of the United States of America is quickly coming up. On November 8th the American people will choose between Republican candidate Donald Trump and Democratic Nominee Hillary Clinton. Even though voters must be 18 in order to participate, many Faith Lutheran students are joining the political talk.

Some students have formed their own opinion about the two candidates this year, many common opinions are that Hillary is incredibly bad and Trump will make America great again. Seeing as Faith’s student body leans more to have Republican backgrounds Donald Trump takes the lead in the candidates students hope to win the presidency, although Hillary Clinton, according to recent political polls, is expected to win the Presidency.

Certain students, however, are curious about the point of getting interested in politics.

“There is a candidate that I support of course, but I don’t understand that if students can’t even vote, so why even talk about and cause an argument,” said Leah Butler.

Even though there are students who question the merits of talking about politics there are some who whole-heartedly support their candidate and will go to any stake to defend them.

“I really hope Donald Trump wins, after what Obama did to this country, Trump is the only one who will make America great again. All Hillary wants to do is take away our guns and just keep things the same like Obama did, it’s time for some real change in our country,” said Max McKee.

“Hillary Clinton is the obvious choice for the white house I don’t understand how people could vote for a man who is so evil toward everyone, and has no sense of human decency,” said Erin Thompson.

Regardless of which candidate a student supports, both candidates have been faced with controversy.

Hillary Clinton has been burdened with her email scandals and the WikiLeaks issue, while Donald Trump has face controversy due to things he has said. Even though the candidates have faced these scandals and troubles they have been holding on strong inn a tight race for the white house, ending with our next president being revealed on November 8.