Faith Lutheran students take a trip to Washington DC for an educational visit

One of the many places Faith Lutheran may be traveling to The White House. Seventh graders will also travel to Philidelphia, Washington DC, museums, and many more historical monuments.

www.photosforclass.com

Brooke Neagle, Staff Writer

For the first time in Faith Lutheran history, students from the seventh grade American History classes will take a trip to Washington, DC on June 5 through June 9. During this trip the classes will explore historical monuments and learning all about history and the country they live in.

American History, Mrs. Tish Carroll teacher will lead this trip so she can help teach students about history, and help them learn to love our country, but also have a blast while doing it.

This trip will cost about $1,900.

Mr. David Pendley, seventh and eigth grade Old and New Testament teacher, will travel on this trip with all the students, but no parent chaperones will travel.

On the trip students will travel to many different places. They’re going to Philadelphia, Ghettysburg, Valley Forge, Washington, DC, Mount Vernon, and Arlington National Cemetery. At these places students will learn about the civil war, founding fathers, the presidents, and the presidents’ assassinations.

“We’re going on the DC trip because it’s going to be a God and country tour. We’re gonna learn about the founding fathers and the civil war, and how God had complete impact,” said Carroll.

Students have many reasons why they chose to go on this trip. To have a fun time with their friends, be able to experience Washington, DC, and to learn all about American History.

“I decided to go on this trip because I’ve never been to Washington, DC before, and my friends are going so it’ll be fun to be there with them, and also it’s a great learning experience,” seventh grader Eva Silvestri said.

Others haven’t gone to these places and think it’ll be cool to see everything for the first time, experiencing everything for the first time, while learning about everything that happened in DC and how historical the place really is.

“I’m excited because I’ve never been there before and it’ll be fun to be with my friends and learn about history,” said Silvestri

This trip will be a great learning experience and a great social experience. Also, this trip will have a lot of impact on the students who go.

“This trip will impact the students socially because they are looking forward to just hanging out together, and they will never forget being part of such a fun trip. Educationally I hope they just are instilled with this love of history and will always take with them the knowledge of how our country began,” said Carroll.         Other students look forward to the places they’re going, and what they might learn about DC and all the historical building and places they will  travel to.

“We might be going to the White House, which I’m looking forward to that opportunity because it’ll be a great teaching moment and learning experience,” said Silvestri

Mrs. Carroll and all the students look forward to this trip. Along with learning so much information about America, and the history of America, yet having fun in the process.

“I’m looking forward to just being with the kids, and enjoying learning history without a book and without a classroom,” Carroll said.

To see a pdf version of this story please click the following link: washington DC pdf layout