Faith Lutheran Middle School hosts Future Crusader Day for possible students

Photo by Lauren Tomita

Future Crusader Day allowed prospective students to watch different presentations from the different progrmas at Faith Lutheran.They listened to a performance from student council Executive Officer, Isabella Nigro.

Lauren Tomita, Staff Writer

Future Crusader Day took place on October 13 with about 130-150 sixth to eighth grade students from Faith’s feeder and area public schools experiencing what Faith Lutheran is like.

The event included presentations from the various clubs, a presentation from Faith CEO, Dr. Buuck, and lunch for the students.

Students that have attended the event in the past stated that the event was a good introduction to Crusader life.

“I liked the opportunity because you got to get a feel for what school was like,” said seventh grader Margaret Skinner who attended the event as an incoming sixth grader.

High school members of VISA, a club comprised of junior and senior high school visiting student assistants, showed the middle school students around the campus. They also shared with the potential students their experiences at Faith Lutheran and all that they could look forward to if they become a Crusader.

“I liked the fact that the high schoolers and administrators gave you a feel for what the next few years of your life will be like,” said seventh grade student, Alyssa McCombs who attended the event as an incoming sixth grader.

The event has changed little from last year’s Future Crusader Day, but a high attendance was expected this year.

“Well, what’s going to be different from last year is we’re going to have more people coming. Obviously, as the school gets bigger we have more groups presenting because we have more groups on campus,” said Admissions Director Mr. Joel Arnold prior to the event.

The event has required extensive planning from the staff at Faith Lutheran. However, experience from past Future Crusader Days has made planning the event easier every year.

“I’ve got it down pretty, pretty good. I’ve been doing this now, this is my fifth one. So, it takes me two or three days when you add it all up. It used to take me weeks, but now I got it down,” Arnold said.

The main goal for the event is to make sure that Faith Lutheran shows all the great things the institution has to offer and also expose the Future Crusaders a glimpse into the student and academic life.

“I want them to all go home and tell their parents how bad they want to come to Faith Lutheran,” Arnold said.

Please view the following link to see the pdf version of the story Future Crusader Day.