Teacher Fellowship orginization supports teachers and parents

This is one of the PTF’s sponserd events. Food and refreshments are usually provived, depending on the event andor the sponsers setting it up.

Courtesy of faithlutheranlv.org

Joshua Diaz, Staff Writer

The Parent  Teacher Fellowship Organization (PTF) within the Faith Lutheran Middle and High school helps recognize teachers, and welcome new parents.

“The PTF is an organization run by parents and volunteers, [and they] help out with events. I am the faculty representative of the origination, but the president of the PTF is a parent,” said Megan Buikema, faculty representative.

The PTF holds events for parents and teachers alike, such as the “Back to School Breakfast,” and looks for ways to help support the school.

Middle School Assistant Principal, Jacob Kothe, believes the PTF helps Faith Lutheran on a motivational level.       “Faith is a place where we want to be the best we can be, and the PTF is a big organization that really helps us strive to be the best we can,” said Kothe.      Buikema shares a different view from Kothe.

“It’s something where the parents and teachers come together [on]  behalf of the students.  Also, the parents come on their own, and come on behalf of the teachers as well,” said Buikema.  The  participants of the Parent Teacher fellowship Organization from Faith Lutheran includes Megan Buikema, faculty representative, Cindy Seigle, Katie Wiltse, and the remaining members who volunteer.

“The PTF is an orginization that helps us strive to be the best we can”-Jacob Kothe

The PTF benefits Faith Lutheran, by funding the school and supplies needed materials to the school itself.

“The [PTF] supports us with resources we need to help the school,” said Kothe.

According to Faith’s website at www.faithlutheranlv.org, the PTF holds education programs for parents to address topics of interest, the Christmas fund, Student Appreciation Week, and faculty recognition events as well

For more information on when the committee meets occur, and how to join, visit www.FaithLutheranlv.org, click student life, and scroll down to “PTF”

For even more information,  the email [email protected] is available for anyone to talk to the Parent Teacher Fellowship members themselves.

To view a PDF version of this story, please click the link: PTF.1