Eighth graders travel to Wet n’ Wild to spend a day with their class of 2015

Photo Courtesy of Jasmine Jung

This ride at Wet n’ Wild contains many twists, turns, and drops. It is located next to the lazy river.

Grace Parker, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, May 26, Faith Lutheran’s eighth graders traveled to Wet n’ Wild water park to celebrate their last year of middle school and spend a great day with the class of 2015.

Wet n’ Wild opened in May of 2013, bringing a successful run for two years. In the summer, one of many Las Vegas’ most visited attractions was Wet n’ Wild. The park contains over 10 rides and attractions including Constrictor, Desert Racers, and Royal Flush Extreme.

“I love the rides there, and it is an overall great place,” said eighth grader Tyler Smerz.

This year, the general admission price costs 34.99 dollars and junior admission costs 29.99 for people 42 inches and shorter.

The eighth grade trip started last year with the faculty and staff hoping that it will continue throughout the years.

“Last year it was decided that for the next few years the eighth grade trip would be at Wet n’ Wild,” said student council advisor Kristen Thornton via email.

Before Wet n’ Wild, there was no eighth grade trip, and students are happy that the faculty and staff had made the decision to make it at the water park.

“I heard they were going to be going to Circus Circus, and Wet n’ Wild is much better,” said eighth grader Clara Heislen.

The staff decided to make this an eighth grade trip only and it is not open to any other grades.

“If everyone was there, it would be a big headache because the lines would be super long,” said eighth grader Meghan Singh.

People from all over the Las Vegas valley and from out of town visit Las Vegas many days out of the summer, and the eighth graders spent a great time their too.

“This is a great day for the 8th graders to spend some time together having fun before the stress of finals start. We hope they enjoy the day together,” said Thornton.

The students met at eight o’clock on Tuesday morning, left the campus, and drove to Red Rock Hotel and Casino to eat breakfast at the Feast Buffet. The students stayed at Wet n’ Wild until four P.M and arrived back at the Faith campus around 4:30.

To view a PDF version of this story, click on this link Wet n’ Wild Layout