Faith’s Middle School Student of the Month award teaches students to work hard

Is it you? Find out every month in chapel, and continue to work hard for Faith Lutheran and for your community, working hard for God and for your family 
with every step you take.

Sabrina Hinh

Is it you? Find out every month in chapel, and continue to work hard for Faith Lutheran and for your community, working hard for God and for your family with every step you take.

Josh Diaz, Staff Writer

The student of the month award is a very distinguished award, given to students who have been see or recognized by teachers on campus. The process by which the student is picked is thanks to all staff of Faith Lutheran.

The process starts with Mr. Kothe sending out an email at the end of each month, to tell teachers that it is time for their nominations to be sent with information and details on why the student should be picked. After the teachers send the emails, they vote on the students by the details that were provided in the emails that they read, and previous knowledge of how hard they work. The two students that are picked don’t realize that they are going to receive the award until the chapel that it happens, so it’s a nice surprise as well!

Middle School assistant principal Jacob Kothe tells how it’s done.

“I send out an email, and the teachers type up a short paragraph about a certain student then they send the nominations and they vote after I send them out,” said Kothe.

Then from there the selection is made.

They pick two students every month, “unless it’s a holiday month stretch, then we sometimes combine,” said Kothe.

But other than that a lucky student who’s worked hard is chosen on a monthly basis. The student receives a paper showing how they have succeeded. Then they continue working hard for their school and community.

The school presents this award for middle school, and high school. According to Kothe this award has been going on far before he was in his position.

This should be encouragement to students to do well in school and have fun, not just for the sake of their teacher, but for the sake of them too!

Click here to see PDF version of this layout STORY- V2